bernie walsh drawon

bernie walsh drawon

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

More from China



In my first class teaching here at South East / Monash University in Suzhou in China I asked the students to teach me about the beautiful sculpture at the entrance to the University......I learned that it depicts Lao Zi a famous Chinese philosopher and founder of Taoism. The inscription on the sculpture says "The highest good is just like the character of water accessible to all things and does not compete with fame".
So the first exercise was to draw coloured balls to show form and from the sculpture they added Chinese characters. After my demo my very enthusiastic students were very eager to learn and surprised me with a very high standard of work on the first day, all the sketches were done in the new Wacom lab on brand new 22HD Cintiqs with HP 22 second monitors for reference and running Autodesk Sketchbook pro 6 for all our sketching.



No comments:

Post a Comment