bernie walsh drawon

bernie walsh drawon

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Wacom DTU-2231 evaluation







I was very pleased to be loaned a Wacom DTU 2231 BY Vaughan Stott from Wacom Australia I had noticed it when demonstrating a Cintiq 21 and liked the wide screen format. It has full HD 1929 x 1080 resolution and being wide screen that’s 476mm compared to the Cintiq at 432mm. With most of my work being wide landscape I thought it would suit me better for sketching bigger longer strokes and better for vehicles or even my fine art paintings. So I thought the only way to find out is to actually do a quick sketch using Sketchbook pro. I know it does not have all the sensitivity of the new Cintiq but once I started I didn’t find much difference, the screen was brighter and the colours seemed more vivid, there was a slight pen lag but I did have a bit of trouble setting up the pen and calibrating it to the screen, I actually tried it on three different computers and tried different drivers. I also liked the simple stand at the back, any way the result is here for all to see. With the unavailability of the Cintiqs it is a very good alternative.

No comments:

Post a Comment